The Collegiate Bridge Bowl is a tournament developed for college students to play bridge competitively with an opportunity claim scholarships from the $20,000 pool (disbursed evenly amongst team members).
2017 Youth NABC Scholarships provided by:
- Baron Barclay National Youth Open Pairs Scholarship
A $2,000 college scholarship provided by Baron Barclay is awarded to the winners of the National Youth Open Pairs. (Award is divided equally between the pair. Eligible through age 19).
- National Youth Swiss Team Scholarship
A $4,000 college scholarship is awarded to the winners of the National Youth Swiss Teams. (Award is divided equally between the team. Eligible through age 19).
- $1,000 Master Point Press Youth Sportsmanship Award
A $1,000 college scholarship provided by Master Point Press is awarded to the winner. The Sportsmanship award is determined by peer nominations based on fairness, self control, respect and courtesy. The winner of the Sportsmanship Award will be a person who plays to ensure that everyone enjoys the game and the experience of playing and meeting other students who share a passion for bridge. (Eligible through age 19).
The King or Queen of Bridge Scholarship is a merit program available to a graduating high school senior that is an ACBL member who plays and promotes bridge. The ACBL Educational Foundation will present scholarships of up to $2000 to the King or Queen of Bridge. Recent winners have been cited for outstanding tournament performances plus administrative, recreational and promotional activities related to bridge. For more information on how to enter, application and a list of past winners, click here.
The Leonard Helman Memorial Youth Scholarship
Rabbi Leonard A. Helman (1926-2013) was a staunch supporter of youth bridge and created endowment funds in Australia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Poland and the United States.
The Leonard Helman Memorial Youth Scholarship is awarded annually in the amount of $400. It is awarded based on the student’s level of financial need as well as the following criteria:
- ACBL member in good standing
- Graduating high school senior
- Resident of Santa Fe, NM. If there are no applicants in Santa Fe, the scholarship will be offered throughout the state of New Mexico. If there are no applicants in New Mexico, the scholarship will be offered throughout District 17 (Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Wyoming, Southern Nevada, Eastern Utah, and West Texas). If there are no applicants in District 17, the scholarship will be offered throughout the United States.
To apply for the Helman scholarship email your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.